Re: TR4 Front hub repair

To: Bitparts@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Front hub repair
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 21:44:10 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Bitparts@aol.com wrote:

> It is a long story how it happened, but my passenger side wire wheel spline
> is loose on the hub.   Has been for a bit and the hub bolts are loose in
> their moorings.   Question: do I need to replace the hub or can I have the
> needed new bolts welded to the hub to lock them in position.

Bit(?),

    You may only have to replace the lug studs (TRF # 114281 @ $3.55 ea)
if the splined holes in the hubs are still decent. I would suggest at
least trying this first, for if you weld them in, future repair will
be impossible.

    The studs may be available at a comprehensive (like NAPA) local
parts store, so try that first, to avoid the hassle of 'phone
order with its inheirent time delays.

                           JOE IV
                           TR 250
                   WALLINGFORD, CT. USA