Re: TR4 Front hub repair

To: Bitparts@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Front hub repair
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 22:10:46 -0400

 > It is a long story how it happened, but my passenger side wire wheel
spline
 > is loose on the hub.   Has been for a bit and the hub bolts are loose in
 > their moorings.   Question: do I need to replace the hub or can I have the
 > needed new bolts welded to the hub to lock them in position.

Well I normally wouldn't divulge this info in mixed company...but, if you
promise not to tell, you can go down to your local hotrod shop and get some
hub studs (bolts), both standard length or long. The brand I have used is
"Miloden" and they have oversized (for their application) heads and, for TR's
the serrated part is slightly oversized also. This is good news if the bolts
have "worked" inside of the hubs and become loose in their now oversized
bores. The new bolts, since they are slightly larger, will again be tight in
the bores. This fix will only work in the front hubs, since the rears should
be screwed into the hubs. The application that you want to ask for should be
Chevvy Corvette/Camaro, just don't tell anybody I told you !

The Car Curmudgeon
   Nick in Nor Cal