Re: scary noises TR-6

To: gregp@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: scary noises TR-6
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 02:36:33 -0400

<<
 There is a most disturbing binding, metallic sound when making sharp slow
 turns, as in turning into or coming out of a parking place.  I can feel it
 in the steering wheel as well as hearing the noise.

Greg-
I'll bet dollars to doughnuts (how's that for an old timey saying) that your
front wheel bearings are loose, and/or due to be repacked. When the bearing
is loose, it allows the rotor to "lean" to one side or the other as the wheel
is turned. This results in a noise when the rotor contacts the
dust/water/stone shield (that tin thing that covers the inside of the rotor.
This can also result in a low brake pedal after manouvering. This is because
the rotor also "leans" out into the brake pads and pushes them back into
their bores.
Time for a little maintenance
             Nick in Nor Cal