Re: TR2 for sale

To: Matt Barre <mbarre@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TR2 for sale
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 10:35:22 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Matt Barre wrote:

> I called last night on a "classic Triumph for sale" in our local "Tell &
> Sell" flyer.  Here are the details.
>
> Comm # TS45 !!!    Soundls like an early long door TR2.
         ^^^^                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
An understatement worthy of the most truly British among us! ;-)

>  It doesn't sound
> like the seller is a collector.  He says it runs well and is solid.  Only
> rust was a little in the trunk floor and the battery box which he
> fiberglassed (yuck).  Needs interior.   He also said he had some spares,
> fenders & doors.  I didn't ask about O/D.  He said he is looking for
> $3500 but said he would deal.  If he is firm on this price it sounds
> like Mr Clough's car is a better deal...

Tough call to make without seeing both cars. I don't know any more about
Bruce's car than I do about this one. However, if TS45 includes most of
the bits original to the car (original engine, aluminum bonnet with
cable release, etc., etc.) this could be quite a find.

To me, such early cars are deserving of any attention required to bring
them back to totally original specification. If it truly IS TS45, it
must be now one of the very earliest extant TRs. I know TS1(LO) still
exists, as does TS2. I wonder how many others of the very earliest
series do survive? I don't have my VTR vehicle listings handy. What
about you TRA or TR Register folks -- any ideas?

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *