Re: TR2 Steering re-build

To: jtw@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR2 Steering re-build
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 02:36:31 -0400

<< Well, be careful. Later frames have a support bracket for the steering
 column welded to the top of the spring tower; earlier ones don't. Without
 that bracket (and the matching clamp on the column), the two-piece column
 is unlikely to be (or stay) stay aligned properly, and you end up with
 sticky, bouncy steering.

John-
Good point. In my mind I recalled that they all had that clamp, guess the
gray matter doesn't, anymore. Could be trouble without it...

Askew in Nor Cal
          Nick