TR2 Steering re-build

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 Steering re-build
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 15:53:21 +0100
I have now finished the re-build of the front suspension thanks to the help of
the list. The problem of the stiff vertical link was solved. I am now about to
start on the steering which was supplied off the car inb boxes. I also have
since located two more complete units including the all joints steering box,
etc..
One of the units is the split coloum type. The questions are as follows 1. Can I
and indeed should I fit this two piece shaft to my car which was originally
fitted with the single long item.2 What do I need to look out for in order to
help
me choose the best of the three units available to me. What should I replace as
a matter of course on the unit I choose (this is a groumd up re-build so I want
it right).