Head Gasket

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, dee_jackson@gilbarco.com, pb14@leicester.ac.uk
Subject: Head Gasket
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 96 19:36:45 pst
     Hello:

     I have been making Solid Copper Head Gaskets for triumphs for about
     four years.  These are typically for racing only but have found that
     what's good for the track is better for the street.  I have put one of
     my racing gaskets in my street TR4 and have had no problems.
     Actually,  have never had a head gasket problem with the race cars in
     three seasons and about five race cars.  We use a gasket dressing.  It
     doesn't seem to matter which dressing you use as long as you do it
     well and Not over do it.  I use Permatex copper spray.  It is not a
     spray RTV.  You could also use silver paint from a spray can and do
     just as well.

     I'm currently gearing up to make all sorts of head gaskets They are
     not that easy to make cheaply.  I'm selling racing gaskets for
     TR3-4-4a for $40.00 and TR6 for $60.00.  I've been asked by spitfire
     racers to make them some as well.  Also- by sprite and MGB (sorry for
     using that blasphemous word on this page) people.  The best thing
     about these gaskets is that they don't have asbestos, can be used
     almost indefinetly and are 100% recyclable.

     If interested drop me an email or need advice.
     Mordy Dunst
     Gasket Works
     mdunst@smtplink.coh.org