Re: someone insure me cheap, please!

To: "J. Stovall" <jstovall@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: someone insure me cheap, please!
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 07:56:52 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, J. Stovall wrote:

> Hey all,
>         I'm going to turn 16 Nov 15. Surprised? I just hadn't mentioned it.
> Anyway, I need to find some reasonable insurance to drive the GT6 and _all_
> adivce is appreciated. You get discounts for a 3.0 GPA, and I have a 3.5 at
> the moment. You also get discounts for having taken driver's ed, which I
> have. There are other discounts as well.

        I can't advise you on insurance but let me pass on a few ideas
        that in the long run won't save you a dime on insurance... It
        possibly will cost you some hard earned money. You will become a
        better driver for it and you will most likely have fun.

        Sign up for a performance driving school. Skip Barber, Bob
        Bondurant, Bertil Roos... it doesn't matter who's school you choose.
        You will learn much more than you did in drivers' Ed. ("This is a
        car... This is a road... Next slide please").

        You will learn more at a performance driving school in a few short
        sessions than you will in years on the road. If you can't afford the
        school connect with your local sports car club and autocross. The
        things you will learn dodging cones are applicable when conditions
        on the road "go to slime"

        You are 16. Nothing but time and a good driving record is going to
        change how insurance companies feel about you. You are in a bad
        demographic group. Learning how to drive well will help you and
        your GT6 survive this time...

        HOLY COW!!! I sound like my old man!!! ACK!!!

        Greg "suddenly feeling his age" Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois