Re: TR6: HEATER BLOWER BLOWS FUSE

To: JCBOUCHARD@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6: HEATER BLOWER BLOWS FUSE
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 21:49:23 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
JCBOUCHARD@aol.com wrote:

  I would be
> grateful for some advice on my heater.  Every time I turn on the blower, the

> fuse blows.  I've checked the wires, including the ground.  Everything looks

> as the manual says it should, including the ground to the steering column.

>  Everything else on the circuit (and the rest of the car with the exception

> of the rheostat) works.  I did recently install a new fascia (TRF veneer) so

> I had to disconnect/reconnect many wires.  I'm pretty ignorant when it comes

> to the electrical system.  I am hoping it's not a problem with the motor.

>  Any suggestions?
>
> Joe Bouchard
> '74 1/2 TR6
> CF29760U
Joe,

  To isolate the cause, you should disconect the motor, then throw the
switch on. If the fuse dosen't blow, then the switch isn't shorted.
Next with a FUSED test lead, connect power to the motor. If the fuse
on the test lead dosen't blow, then the motor is O.K., and the wiring
must be at fault. (The wiring may have become pinched between the wood
and metal dashboards.)
  Two things you didn't mention were if this problem began AFTER you
R&R'd the dash, and whether the blower motor would work i.e.spin be-
fore the fuse blew. Both of these facts are clues to the discovery of
a solution. Hope I've helped.

                     JOE IV
                     TR 250
             WALLINGFORD, CT. USA