bad window regulator?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: bad window regulator?
From: Matt Fearer <fearer@dresources.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 10:40:40 -0400
Hi. New lister here. Please be gentle...
So, I'm cranking up the driver's side window on my 1973 TR6 (which I've
owned for five weeks now) when, just as I'm about to reach the top of the
window's travel, all tension on the crank vanishes. The handle now twirls in
place forward and back with no effect on the window whatsoever.

Took the door panel off last night and played around a bit with the
mechanism before fatigue set in (my own, not any metal fatigue). My question
is this: Does this sound like I've got to replace the whole window regulator
or is there gearing in there that can be replaced separately? Also, if a new
regulator is in order, is one source better than another (i.e., should I
call Victoria British or The Roadster Factory, etc.)?  Any helpful hints,
tricks, and the like will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Matt Fearer (fearer@dresources.com)
Acton, MA
1973 TR6