tr-6 wheel trim rings & Caribou Canvas

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr-6 wheel trim rings & Caribou Canvas
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 07:41:12 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8442664111ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 07:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
I have almost completed the frame-off on my TR-6 and last night was getting
ready to paint the rims (hopefully have the car on the road within 2 weeks
after 7 long years!!!) and noticed that I have some damaged trim rings.  These
are the original, brushed aluminum type (not stainless steel or chrome plated).
Does anyone know if these are still available, or if not does anyone have some
they don't want?  I think the brushed aluminum looks better than the others
IMHO.

Also I posted a message several weeks ago about a company called Caribou Canvas
that was advertising canvas convertible tops for what appeared to be a
unbelievably low price ($165 for a TR-6 similar low prices for others as well).
I received several replies from people who have used their products and they
all said that the product is very good, in fact several folks installed the
tops on several of there LBC's.  My order goes in today.  If anyone is
interested their # is 1-800-776-3136 orders only; 1-714-770-3136 for info.
They are located in Laguna Hills, CA.  I have no interest in the
company..etc....

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us