Re: TR6 engine interchange.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 engine interchange.
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 05:54:19 -0700
> Here's a question: Are TR6 engines interchangeable from year to year?
> By this I mean, engine and trans mountings, ie will a later engine
> mate up with an earlier trans. I have a '73 TR6, eng # CF6162U. I have
> been offered a rebuilt motor, # CF2298UE, for a good price. Can > anyone
> tell me if I'll have any problems putting this in my'73?
They will physically bolt up and in but there are slight differences in
exhaust and intake manifold configurations - someone else more famillar with
the TR6 range would be able to offer more information-
Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com
Bschwart@pacbell.net
63' Spitfire,  72'-V6 Spitfire   70'GT6+