Triumphest cars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphest cars
From: c394829@is6.mdc.com (Kurt Oblinger)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 96 11:09:48 PDT
Hi all,
Thought you might like to hear of some of the interesting
cars at Triumphest. Pre-war Triumph Flying Nine Saloon,
2 TR5's, one LHD, one RHD, two Sports Sixes, a 2000 sedan,
a Peerless GT, a turbo'd TR6, two TR7 coupes with Toyota
twin-cam engines, a V6 TR7, a Herald Convt with a Mazda
rotary (set FTD at autocross), a V6 Spitfire, a very nice
Spit Six, a GT6 Targa, a RHD Herald Saloon, lots of really
beautiful TR2's, TR3's, TR4's, TR6's, TR7's and TR8's. Also
I think three Stags, one absolutely perfect. A Triumph 10
Estate wandered in on Saturday as well. I think there was
one of every model of post war Triumph except for a Roadster
and the post 2000 sedans. Approx 165 cars from approx 175
entrants.

Got to meet Bill Piggott from the Triumph Register in the
UK and show him some of my stateside TR2/3 Doretti literature.
He brought 20 copies of his book and sold them all and then
some. He also had some UK triumph literature which was neat
to see. I bought a brochure for the 20TS prototype from the
1952 Earls Court Motor Show, only the second one I've ever
seen.

Fortunately for many, myself included, no one had a video
camera at the hospitality party when the Kareoke was going.

I shall end here before I embarass myself further.

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger
Redondo Beach, Ca.
c394829@is6.mdc.com