Re: TR6 engine interchange.

To: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 engine interchange.
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 11:15:14 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul asks:

"Here's a question: Are TR6 engines interchangeable from year to year?
By this I mean, engine and trans mountings, ie will a later engine
mate up with an earlier trans. I have a '73 TR6, eng # CF6162U. I have
been offered a rebuilt motor, # CF2298UE, for a good price. Can anyone
tell me if I'll have any problems putting this in my'73?"

>From the information I have, the two engines are of identical
specification. Be careful about who rebuilt it, and don't be afraid to ask
what was done to it.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951