RE: Teak ship deck and care

To: ak627@dayton.wright.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Teak ship deck and care
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 8:34:53 -0500
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\961001083453y ]
Tom,
    It was not uncommon to have teak decks on old warships. The battleship
Texas (WWI era) has a teak deck also. Lets see now. If a TR6 dash is $230
then an entire deck on a battleship would be $$$$$$. Now that TR6 dash does
not seem that expensive after all!
   BTW due to the naturally oily nature of teak it typically is not
varnished but oiled frequently. There are many teak oil products at any
marine store.
Richard Ceraldi
72 GT6 MKIII KF166L
Austin, Tx