Re: A Dead Horse named Tires

To: Philip Smith <smith007@IntNet.net>
Subject: Re: A Dead Horse named Tires
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:00:29 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Phil:
I have used the 205/70-15 size for a while. They rub the anti-roll bar a
bit, but not anything to get upset about. I presently have Yokohama MD-H4's
on the car. The ride is good and they are quiet and stick as well as you'd
expect from a 25 year old car. I paid $63 each for them from Tire Rack.

Somewhat related: I fitted KN alloy wheels (Panasport/Minilite style) and
there is an interference with the upper ball-joint or something at full
lock. Horrible scraping noise. Anyone else heard about this?

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951