Re: A Dead Horse named Tires

To: smith007@intnet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Dead Horse named Tires
From: Hctcbob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 01:23:39 -0400
They are too short! The 205-70-15's are the right size.  Go to 215-65's if
you want the extra width. They'll fit just fine. I have the touring 205-70's
on one TR6, and they are a little soft in the handling dept. I also have some
Dunlop D65's on another car, same size but a little firmer. Best choice is to
go a step up from tourers to a more expensive tire. I have a set of
225-60-15's D40's on 7" rims that are awesome, but they rub a little on the
tops of the front fenderwells when turning fast and hard. They are too much
for  the car (poly bushings/stock springs).