Re: TR-6 Clutch fork

To: TTone007@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 Clutch fork
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 07:39:51 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 29 Jul 1996 TTone007@aol.com wrote:

>  Also the pins on the fork are pretty worn as well: TRF sells the pins
> themselves for only $1.45 each which is a lot cheaper that $50.00 for a new
> fork assy. Does anyone on this esteemed list know how these pins are replaced
> and or fitted into my existing fork? It may help to check page #151 in TRF's
> TR-6 Vol#1 (fig. 12) catalog to see what I mean. Maybe I can take the fork
> and new pins to my local machine shop to have them pressed in?

        Don't bother with a machine shop... Just take a center puch and
        knock the old ones out using a vise to support the fork arm. Then
        tap the new pins in and peen over the end that pokes through the
        fork arm (you'l note that that end has been turned with a recess for
        that purpose... Good Luck!

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois