TR-6 Clutch fork

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Clutch fork
From: TTone007@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 17:13:18 -0400
O' Faithfull Ones;

The 74 TR-6  Summer Long Saga continues... I pulled my seats, (which I am
rebuilding thanks to help from SOL-types) and yanked my trans so I could
replace that blasted chattering release bearing and do a clutch job while I'm
in there. There is slop where the clutch shaft goes thru the trans and so I
ordered the bushings. I also noticed a slight degree of wear on the throw out
bearing sleeve where it contacts the pins on the clutch fork so I am
replacing that lil' gem too.

 Also the pins on the fork are pretty worn as well: TRF sells the pins
themselves for only $1.45 each which is a lot cheaper that $50.00 for a new
fork assy. Does anyone on this esteemed list know how these pins are replaced
and or fitted into my existing fork? It may help to check page #151 in TRF's
TR-6 Vol#1 (fig. 12) catalog to see what I mean. Maybe I can take the fork
and new pins to my local machine shop to have them pressed in?

Thanks in advance for a retard like me....Summer is running out!!

Mike Konopka (T Tone 007)