Re: My Least-Favorite Quote

To: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: My Least-Favorite Quote
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@cris.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 21:49:11 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
JB,

       Sorry (as I'm sure the entire list must be) to hear of your
  misfortune, but your story reminds me of my least favorite quote:

                    "I could'nt see you"

      Once, when following my wife(also in a Toyota 4x4) in my Spit
  (my previous car) at night, she began slowing down considerably.
  Since we were on the highway, when she slowed down to 45 mph I
  began to tailgate her and flash my high-beam lights at her to get
  her to speed up. When she slowed to 40, I blew past her and took
  the lead, which she followed at normal speed. When we arrived at
  our destination, she explained that she couldn't see me in the mir-
  ror, slowed down, then saw me go racing past for no reason! The
  whole time I tailgated her and flashed the lights, they shone on
  the trucks undercarriage instead of her rearveiw mirror.
     Not to play the devil's advocate here, but just to offer a sage
  bit of advice to everyone on this list, I'd like to say when riding
  your pride and joy British car (or on a motorcycle, which I could
  tell incredible tales about), remember that in this land of over-
  sized 4x4's, our cars are not always seen or noticed...especialy
  by "dudes" driving too fast in Toyotas <g>

                        JOE IV
                        TR 250