My Least-Favorite Quote

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: My Least-Favorite Quote
From: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 16:39:44 EDT
Sigh.  It can't happen to you, right?  Well, it happened to me.  I was stopped
in traffic in Somerville yesterday, waiting for a fire engine to make a turn
somewhere up ahead.  The car in front of me started to move.  Before I could
react, WHAM! ...hit front behind by a '94 Toyota going 10-15mph, then
WHAP<crunch> was shoved into the 87 Cadillac Cimarron in front of me.  Sniff.
I had just gotten the dash lights working.

No one was hurt.  Most important.
I think the car is going to be OK.  Second most important.
Everybody was insured. Third most important. Especially for me, since I don't
have collision insurance...but since the guy that hit me has liability, I'm
OK.

Anyhow, I get out of the car, resolving to be as polite as possible to everyone
even though my car is by far the most heavily damaged and I WASN'T EVEN MOVING
(had been sitting there in line for more than a minute, actually-the guy behind
must have seen the Caddy in front of me go and decided I was moving, or some-
thing).  So we all get out, the older woman from the Caddy starts screaming at
me about her Continental Spare Wire Wheel that's damaged, and the kid in the
toyota says - I swear I'm not making this up - 'Dude, accidents happen.'

I didn't punch him.  I didn't even yell.  I don't know why.

Although the cop who showed up didn't leave until he'd asked me if I was going
to slug the kid after he left.  When I said no sir, he said 'you're a strong
man, son.  Be brave.' and took off.

Sorry.  Just hadda get this off my chest.  We now return to your reg. scheduled
TRiumphfest.

-JBZimmerman
Amanda (71 TR6, in need of both bumpers, rear fenders, rear panel, taillight
assmblies, front turn signal assemblies, front valence, driver's seat (mine
snapped a weld on impact) and other sundry bits...and who'll get them if it
bankrupts me.  or, better, him.)