Re: Opinions on Colortune?

To: Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>, "'British Cars - Submissions'" <British-cars@autox.team.net>, "'Triumphs - submissions'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Opinions on Colortune?
From: "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 08:36:33 +0100 "Opinions on Colortune?" (Jul 24, 4:02pm)
> Subject: Opinions on Colortune?
> Is a Colortune worthwhile for tuning SU H4's (TR2), or should I just
> stick with the methods outlined in the SU manual? The carbs have been
> rebushed and rebuilt, so they should be at factory specs or close to it.
>
> Thanks
> -mg
>-- End of excerpt from Mark Gendron

Mark,

I have a colortune, and I don't use it, I tried, but found it to be really hard
to make any decisions about the colour.  Buy a gas tester, they're cheep
enough, If you have the money, I would recommend the Gunson Professional gas
tester, it also includes dwell meter, rev counter, and a volt meter, all
digital and dead easy to use.  It works with all four, five and six cylender
engines.  It takes all the guess work out of setting the mixture.

IT IS IMPORTANT to read the instructions, seriously wrong readings occor if you
don't let the unit warm up properly first, and "flush" the engine by revving at
2500 revs for 30 seconds before taking a reading.

Just my 2p

Chris. (I have no affiliation with Gunson other than as a happy user)

--
-- 1977 Spitfire 1500...Everyday/Only Driver.