Re: Opinions on Colortune?

To: Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: Re: Opinions on Colortune?
From: shammy@inmind.com (Christian Simonsen)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 10:24:16 GMT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mark Gendron said:
>Is a Colortune worthwhile for tuning SU H4's (TR2), or should I just
>stick with the methods outlined in the SU manual?

Mark,

I came across an unused colortune and played with it on my cars and it works
pretty well as a tool to speed up the manual tuning process and give me
peace of mind that the mixture is not significantly off.

I can't be certain, but for me it does not end all my tuning worries. My
carbs are not top notch and I need to tweek them a little bit (and at a
friends suggestion I've started to play with thermocouples a bit as well,but
I digress). But, I still  tweek them to improve performance.

It also provides some good diagnositic info.

All in all, If you have good carbs and take the time to learn how to tune
them, I don't think you'd need the colortune.

Christian Simonsen
Virginia, USA
shammy@inmind.com

1954 TR2 TS1675  long door waiting for attention

1963? TR4 CT 24093 LO runs like a champ most days

Homebrewer extraordinaire (in one of my wildest dreams anyway)