Re : GT6 vibration resolution(?)

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re : GT6 vibration resolution(?)
From: Francois Demont <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Jul 96 16:57:06 EDT
Cc: Karl Theis <THESKJ@edex.litc.lockheed.com>
GT6 / Karl Theis wrote :
>>> Finally, my questions.  Can reinstalling the yoke 180 deg out
from where it was previously really affect the balance?  How does a
driveshaft get bent?  Does anybody now of an honest LBC shop in the
Denver area?<<<
In my opinion reinstalling the yoke 180 deg out can seriously affect the
balance. On the paper it is the same, but in reality the shaft is not perfectly
machined everywhere, and balancing exist for all the small imperfections around
the shaft... In fact *everything* can affect the balance...
I think it's possible to bent a shaft when replacing the U-joints with the wrong
method : using a BIG hammer. The problem is that this method is described in the
original factory manuals, with photos or sketches of someone with a shaft in one
hand, and a hammer in the other... BUT it is a *small* (very small) hammer.
Small hammer can be used only to finish the process, but it's best to begin in a
vice.
Sorry Denver is too far of my Brittany, France.. Have a good day, I'm going to
sleep !

Francois Demont 100304.2046@compuserve.com
Spitfire MK3, 1968, valencia blue, every day car
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire