Re: TR6 speedo help (fwd)

To: peb3@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 speedo help (fwd)
From: morelli@mickey.jsc.nasa.gov
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 16:53:16 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
[snip][snip]
> finally,
> remove the whole thing (speedo cable), measure it carefully and order
> a new one....keep
> the old one for comparison purposes just in case your usually reliable
> supplier sends the wrong part
[snip]

David makes a good point about keeping the old speedo cable.  I had a hell of
a time getting one to match my 76 TR6. Either they turned out not to be long
enough or the coupling at the speedo end was too big to mate with the speedo.
I also found that the ends of some cables were ovaled instead of squared. Also,
be aware that 75 & 76 used a service interval counter requiring two speedo
cables.  The upshot is that TRF had the cable that worked the first time
(I went through several Vicky Brit and local parts store cables till Roger
clued me in on this), and that you can make a 74 cable fit these later
speedos and bypass the counter (also thanks to Roger).

That's my 2 cents!

Good luck...

Mike Morelli
morelli@mickey.jsc.nasa.gov