TR6-Replacing Convertable Top

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6-Replacing Convertable Top
From: tr6@usa.pipeline.com (Ronald Olds)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 22:52:07 GMT
I'm about to replace the top on my 72 TR6.  The frame was completely
stripped down when I bought the car.  I now have all the parts to start the
installation.  I don't know exactly where to start.  I believe with the
velcro strips that go along the side.  I have these pieces from TRF which
are supplied in one long piece. I thoughtIi would glue these on in one long
piece along each side and then cut them where the two metal side frames
meet.  Am I on the right track here or completly wrong?  Does the velcro
line up with the upper edge or lower edge of the frame?  I know the excess
vinyl material goes under the tracks for the side window seals.  Also any
other advice on this job would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ron Olds
72 TR6
60 TR3A