Re Spits missing at speed

To: alanco@sybase.com, ez2.net@bobe.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re Spits missing at speed
From: Bob Edgar <bob@bobe.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 21:36:07 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <bob@bobe.demon.co.uk>
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at relay-3.mail.demon.net
This sounds to me like fuel evapouration.   As the float chambers are
so close to the exhaust manifold, this is a common problem with
Spits.

The piece of card (heat deflector) mounted between the inlet manifold
and the carbs usually disintegrates as the years go by, and leaves
the float chambers unprotected.

I am, of course, referring to the UK set up of twin SUs.   Whether
the same is true for the single Stromburg and all the anti-smog
devices the North American models have on them I don't know.

Worth investigating anyway.

Bob Edgar
Spit 78 14000-miles-a-year driver!