Re: Treating hidden body areas before reassembly

To: Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: Re: Treating hidden body areas before reassembly
From: peb3@Cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:00:20 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The question:
I see difficulty here, especially
in areas which will be welded. For example, how do you treat the mating
surfaces of two panels which will be spot-welded together? Are there
compounds which can be applied before welding which will survive the
welding process, and not interfere with bonding?
-Mark Gendron
 1954 TR2 #TS2571L

Mark:
This is no problem. When my TR6 was redone, the shop used something they
referred to as "weld-through" primer. I guess it works just as the name
implies. They used it on some weld-in panels that had to be replaced. I can
get the name and manufacturer if you wish.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951