Another Car Show-Nostalgia- no lbc content

To: British-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Car Show-Nostalgia- no lbc content
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 17:20:10 -0400
Greetings Fellow Motor Persons-

Just got back from another car show, had to go early today as it was only
about 85 degrees this am, but will top 100, and that's too hot to touch any
kind of metal sittin out in the sun.
Went to the annual " Lost in the 50's car show and sock hop". Lots of:
rat motors, mouse motors, flatties; chopped, channelled, boxed and z'ed
frames; downdraughts, sidedraughts, and even an updraft carb; ducktails,
beehives.poodle skirts, circle pins, saddle shoes and chinos; Elvis, Buddy
Holley and the Big Bopper.
All around fun time. Only about forty cars but all were excellent quality.
(Couldn't decide between the 31 air cooled 6 cyl Franklin, or the 59 pink
Ford Skyliner with the retractable hardtop. $1 beer, dogs and burgers, how
could a car guy go wrong ?
All this less than a mile from my house ! Tomorrow down at the fair grounds
in town they're gonna have a "Volksvest", some sort of mega VW gathering.
Don't think I'll go to that, but did see a stock looking VW driving around
today with a seriously chromed small block Chevvy in the back, runnin thriugh
a Toronado transaxle with...well you get the idea.

This may be the "boonies", but these people are car nuts !

LBC content ????? Well, the beer was kinda warm

Lost in the '50's...owners or cars ? not sure
                   Nick in Nor Cal