Re: New TR6 AC - Cool

To: rgb@exact.com
Subject: Re: New TR6 AC - Cool
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 21:46:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
rgb@exact.com wrote:

> Looked at a GT6 the other day, the glovebox area is the only choice,
> unlike the TR6 which has a large heater cavity.  If it will fit
> without cutting anything, I always figure you could take it out
> later or even for the winter if so inclined.  NM is like TX, even
> the winters are warm.
> Afraid you weren't in this neighborhood last winter... were getting
overnight lows in the -5 to -8 range for a few weeks, off and on.  I've
seen some of the underdash units which might fit in the area of the glove
box, but for a reason I can't put my finger on, they just looked cheap
and poorly designed.  Thought what you were suggesting might be a new
approach, but, yes, I admit, space is more limited in the GT6 than the
TR6.  I take it the space limitations are directly related to putting
heater and evaporator cores in a box which will fit in the location of
the original heater?
Cheers.