Fender Bender - need help

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fender Bender - need help
From: James Cullen <jcullen@direct.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 18:24:32 -0700
Unfortunately my LBC was in a minor accident this a.m.. Appears not too bad,
I got banged up on the right front below the bumper, damage to the right
front valance (think that the right name, its holds the housing for the
indicator light), but the greatest damage is that the part of the frame
where the bumper overrider attachs to got pushed up, in, and over. So, now
my bonnet won't close correctly, because the hinge for the bonnet is now
oriented in a different position. There is no other frame damage as the
housing for the bonnet hinge and the bonnet overrider basically crumpled
slightly against the horizontal part of the frame. So, my questions are:

1) My car is British racing green (non-metallic) does anybody know of a
parts supplier etc. that would have this paint in spray form. I've looked
here in Vancouver Canada a bit, but no luck as of yet.

2) I've talked to a few people who have suggested it might be possible to
fix the minor frame damage with a winch like device called a "come-a-long",
should I do this, or should I take it to a professional. If I do take it to
a professional how much should I be looking at paying for a small job like this.

I would greatly appreciate any help in searching this out as I would like to
fix this as cheaply as possible, as I've been planning to spending my money
on "jade" for other things (new seat, new carpet, new tires etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Jim Cullen
74 Spit