Re: A few lingering Weber questions

To: jer@thlogic.com
Subject: Re: A few lingering Weber questions
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 21:40:37 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net

<<
   I've got a few cleanup questions about my Spitfire Weber conversion that I
 hope some of you could help me with.

        1) The crankcase breather tube on the valve cover is now just vented
           to the outside.  Should I plug this, or leave it open, or what?

        2) Ditto for the Fuel tank vent. >>

Jeremy,

The crankcase vent should go back into the intake manifold, via about 1/8"
restriction. The Spit needs a slight negative crankcase pressure (about 2-3
lbs vacuum) to keep blow-by from pushing oil out the sump gasket and other
small openings. Don't plug it (very bad) or simply vent it to the atmosphere
(only slightly better).

The fuel tank needs to be vented to prevent a vacuum from forming in the tank
as the level drops. The vent line should run to a charcoal canister
(environmentally friendly), then be vented to the intake so the vapors are
drawn off. I route my vacuum line to the back side of the air filter to
provide a slight vacuum without providing too much negative pressure to the
gas tank.

Hope that helps,
Charlie B.