Re: tr3 windshield woes...

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr3 windshield woes...
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 12:45:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Carl Musson (EVENTS) wrote:

> Met with the Prez of the company on Monday afternoon.  The glass shop has
> ordered new glass, but is wanting to try and straighten the frame.  I
> don't see how it can be done with out leaving some kind of "ripple" as
> well as messing up the chrome.

Went by yesterday, they had the glass.  They had also straightened and
polished the frame.  Could not see any defects, ripples or anything.  (I
had taken a second unit to them so that they could see what it was
supposed to look like.)  It is probably all together by now and will pick
it up on the way home.

Ended up that they aren't going to charge me a penny.

So...

Tomorrow I am driving the '3 to the "hills" of Florida (up toward Ocala)
to enjoy the breeze, etal...

As close to a maiden voyage as I will get...