tr3 windshield woes...

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tr3 windshield woes...
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:34:39 -0400 (EDT)
Just want to cry on someones shoulder...

Decided to take the windshield to a glass shop to be installed in "new"
frame.  Was afraid of cracking it...

Left it on Friday afternoon.  General comment at the shop was "no
guarantees" etc etc but shouldnt be too much of problem.

Monday afternoon, the shop called and said that when they were tapping it
down, one of the pegs went into the glass and it cracked.  I figured, oh
well, luck of the draw.

Went in to pick up frame and glass ...  The indentations for the pegs were
on the inside edge of the glass...  the &%#^% installer had tried to
install the glass backwards.  After some not so delicate debate, I got the
name of the operations manager at the main store.  I left to call him.  As
I was waiting on hold, I looked at the frame and it was bent.  Now I
am really seeing red.  Went back to the store and pointed it out.  The
tech said "That was the way it was sitting on the table".  He evidently
had gotten one edge in and had forced the frame on the glass working to
the other end, bending it as he went.  The glass cracked at the opposite
end of the starting point.  I imagine you can all figure out how the
conversation went from there.

Met with the Prez of the company on Monday afternoon.  The glass shop has
ordered new glass, but is wanting to try and straighten the frame.  I
don't see how it can be done with out leaving some kind of "ripple" as
well as messing up the chrome.

Anyway - anyone know of good source for a frame?  Hopefully one that
doesn't need re-chroming.

| CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator              INTERNET: musson@arts.usf.edu |
| Tampa, FL           Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.|
\ '58 TR3A -  http://www.arts.usf.edu/events/musson/triumph/cfm-tr3.html /