Re: Spitfire Seats Needed.

To: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Seats Needed.
From: Andrew Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 10:37:43 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, John M. Trindle wrote:

> I need the proper width seats to mount in a 69 MkIII Spitfire.  The ones
> in there now are about 1/2" too narrow.  I'd be willing to take seat
> hardware which then can be restored with the seat kit from Victoria
> British.

John, I can't help you with any spare seats of my own, but any 1969-on
Spitfire seats should bolt in. I'll assume what you have right now are
the earlier "buckets" from a Spitfire 4, Mk. 2 or early Mk. 3. The floor
pan was changed (at least by 1969, perhaps for all Mk. 3 Spits) to
accommodate the wider seats for "Federal" cars as well as the narrower
ones. Later on, I think they changed the floor pan again, using only the
wider mounts.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *