Re: correct paint for bits and pieces

To: "Bruce T. Clough" <cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil>
Subject: Re: correct paint for bits and pieces
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 09:32:45 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: jabrooks@mv.us.adobe.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Bruce, you raise (at least) one interesting question for concours judges.
You note that lever shocks were left unpainted. Would an astute judge,
then, take off points for lever shocks that had paint on them, or are
there "approved" colors for items such as shocks? I have a few NOS
Triumph lever shocks that are, IMS, blue and/or other colors. What should
I do with these when I finally mount them on a car? ;-)

Also, I agree with you on the body number tags. My fleet bears out your
statement about the one tag being brass.

Enough for now; I'm off for the rigorous 20 mile trip to the VTR
convention in the faithful but soulless Subaru (RaceSpit gets towed to
the autocross tomorrow).

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *