Re: TR250

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 1996 20:54:45 -0400
Hi Salina,

Sorry to hear about your engine's early demise.  With your old head, a
rebuild on a '69-'72 TR-6 block would result in an engine that should be
about the same as your old one, with the same cam profile, compression
ratio, timing, etc., if I remember my `rules of thumb' correctly.
The engine block number can be compared to the manufacturer's records for
finding just when it was built; many of the books available for TRs in-
clude lists of those records, or post your # to this list for help.

>From all I've heard, it's generally less troublesome to remain with the
stock set-up for the year the car was built, to avoid having to compen-
sate for the various engineering and manufacturing changes that occurred
during the production runs of these (or any other) cars.

Honestly....diesel fuel !!!  Does your friend possess a nose ??

Good luck,
Tom Tweed
TR-250
Miami Valley Triumphs;  6-Pack