RE: MAYDAY - GT6 going down ;-( - diff. blown...

To: joe-schneider@nwu.edu
Subject: RE: MAYDAY - GT6 going down ;-( - diff. blown...
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 10:42:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 09:41 AM 7/5/96 -0500, joe-schneider@nwu.edu wrote:

>>Yes, that seems to be the unfortunate facts - driving down the street
>(snip)
>just curious, how could it take out the fuel line unless something came out
>through the case? i could understand if a rotoflex coupler blew up
>joe

My mistake - I went and checked it out this morning - and it seems like the
diff is in ONE piece - and what made all the noise was the right rear axle
coming off the yolk/u-joint by the diff. - and that was the one that took
out the fuel-line.

Sorry for the mishap - still not the greatest situation to be in, but sure
beats messing up the diff completely...

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (w/1972 GT6 engine - and targa-top)
GT6 Mk. 3 1972 (w/TR250 engine)
....not responsible for any of these changes...
..the DPO did it....hmmmm.....