MAYDAY - GT6 going down ;-( - diff. blown...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: MAYDAY - GT6 going down ;-( - diff. blown...
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 20:56:28 -0500
Yes, that seems to be the unfortunate facts - driving down the street
tonight, going to a 4th of July celebration - a big CLONK put a stopper for
that. The diff just blew up - leaving me with no power to the rear wheels
what so ever, and a clonking noise going crusing into a parking lot. To make
matters even worse - it took out the fuel-line as well, so the parking lot
was soon filled with what used to be half a tank of premium unleaded.

So where does that leave me? Did I suddenly get myself a big pile of
spareparts for my Mk.3 (even though alot of the body parts do not match from
the Mk2) in a Long John Silver parking lot? I had a chat with my British
mechanic tonight in town, and he warned me that rebuilding (or more likely
getting a new one) could be VERY costly. Any suggestions to what I should do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if there are anybody on the list
that just happens to have a well-functioning diff for a non O/D GT6...

Thanks -

stilll in tears,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (w/1972 GT6 engine - and targa-top)
GT6 Mk. 3 1972 (w/TR250 engine)
....not responsible for any of these changes...
..the DPO did it....hmmmm.....