Re: Tounneau Troubles - TR4 <Pine.PCW.3.91.960705104308.6735

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Tounneau Troubles - TR4 <Pine.PCW.3.91.960705104308.6735C-100000@dos641.nysed.gov>
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 11:26:43 -0400
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>

On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Christian Simonsen wrote:

> I finally pulled my new tonneau cover out of the box,  ...
> ... [but] have just now gotten around to trying the fit.

> It doesn't seem to be long enough. Any one had any troubles with Robbins
> tonneau covers shrinking? or just plain being short.

> Think it would do any good put it in tension (the tonneau, not the car) and
> try to stretch it in the sun?

I don't know TR4s well enough to know if there was a difference between
in length between TR4 and TR4A tonneaus.  However, putting the tonneau
cover in the sun will *definitely* make the tonneau cover easier to fit.
I have found that my TR6 tonneau cover is nigh impossible to get on the
car in 40F temperatures, but snaps up readily when it is in the sun on a
85F summer day.

Yet, even with a hot sun and stretching, you'll do very well to get even
1" more than on a 40F day.  I speculate that the other cover is other the for a
different TR, or simply incorrectly sized.

--ken

Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |
PO Box 868                  | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Nashua, NH 03061            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631