Re[2]: Good Brit-car shops in South Bay, CA?

To: matthews%apple.com_at_internet_gateway@ccmgate1.sc.intel.com, ki@zycad.com
Subject: Re[2]: Good Brit-car shops in South Bay, CA?
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 96 13:34:00 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Text item:

Have had good luck at British Motorsports for parts, never had any service done
there though.  You may be able to do better through mail order on prices, but
Dave is honest and a pretty good source of information.  He's willing to spend
time on odd requests and such.  Pretty much the only British place I deal with
in the south bay.

When you hear the words Triumph Only, run away as fast as you can.  Wayne will
fleece you if he can.  If you know how to deal with him, you may be able to
strike a deal.  Otherwise, take your hard earned $$ else where and you'll avoid
a lot of headaches.

Mike

>Fred Ki wrote:
>
> Dear Solers,
>
> My poor '70 TR6 suffered engine damage due to broken piston/valve.  I'm
> looking for a good shop in the South Bay to do major work on my baby.
>
> Sunnyvale Foreign Car Service, Sunnyvale
> British & European, Sunnyvale
> Joe's Foreign Car, Mountain View
> British Automotive Service, Palo Alto

/Fred,

/Haven't worked with any of these shops. However I have used

/British Motorsport, Campbell
/Triumphs Only, San Jose

/Both are good so far as I'm concerned, had a tranny rebuilt at British
/Motorsport, and winshield rubber done at Triumphs Only. Check these
/guys out, I have no monetary stake in either venture. Also, Action
/Auto is right down the street from my house so let me know if you're
/gonna be in my neighborhood.

/John Matthews
/'61 & '65 Heralds

Text item: External Message Header