Re: Good Brit-car shops in South Bay, CA?

To: Fred Ki <ki@zycad.com>
Subject: Re: Good Brit-car shops in South Bay, CA?
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 1996 12:07:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Fred Ki wrote:

> Dear Solers,
>
> My poor '70 TR6 suffered engine damage due to broken piston/valve.  I'm
> looking for a good shop in the South Bay to do major work on my baby.
>
> Any & all recommendations welcome.  Right now, it's at Action Auto in
> Cupertino, CA.  I haven't dealt w/ them before.  Anybody has experience
> w/ them?  How about the following shops too?
>
> Sunnyvale Foreign Car Service, Sunnyvale
> British & European, Sunnyvale
> Joe's Foreign Car, Mountain View
> British Automotive Service, Palo Alto

Fred,

Haven't worked with any of these shops. However I have used

British Motorsport, Campbell
Triumphs Only, San Jose

Both are good so far as I'm concerned, had a tranny rebuilt at British
Motorsport, and winshield rubber done at Triumphs Only. Check these
guys out, I have no monetary stake in either venture. Also, Action Auto
is right down the street from my house so let me know if you're gonna
be in my neighborhood.

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds