Hot GT-6s

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot GT-6s
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 96 15:29:44 EST

     Other than respond directly to individuals I've avoided cluttering the
     net...but recent thread related to GT-6 cabin temp in hot months of
     year raised my level of interest in the following:

     Would it be possible, without drawing disgust from fellow LBCers, to
     install a compressor and air conditioning unit from some other British
     (or d...n the thought, Japanese) auto to improve hot month operating
     pleasure????

     I looked at a GT-6+ in Richmond, VA last month which had a mazda unit
     installed....evaporator in front of radiator and hang down unit where
     the passenger cubby had been.  Couldn't determine how well the unit
     worked because engine didn't run, but installation was fairly neatly
     done.

     Has any list member information or experience re: such a set-up?????

     Cheers!

     Pete McHugh (PMCQ)

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6