Oil additives

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil additives
From: jmike@sky.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 19:15:02 -0600 (CST)
I have a 70 TR6 which gives (to me) indications that oil is not returning back
into the sump as it should.  Indications include a long wait before the noise
of oil movement quits after the engine is shut off, and a long wait when
filling the car with oil after an oil change.  I am thinking of treating the
engine with STP oil flush, which is supposed to melt sludge, which I feel is
partially blocking the push rod openings where the oil is supposed to return.
 Does anyone out there have an opinion about this?  I have heard that a
top-engine cleaner is not so good, because of the fear of carbon breaking off
and damaging the valves, but am curious about the oil treatment.

By the way, I really enjoy reading the E-mail on this list.  Several answers
to puzzles have presented themselves by reading the tribulations those with
more experience have.  E-mail me at jmike@sky.net  Greatly appreciated.

Mike Barron  KC
70 TR6
60 TR3