TR4A Seats

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Seats
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@icis.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 18:39:00 -0500
Cc: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com
Pat
Most of the discussion I have seen seems to match what I am sitting here
looking at, but that may not be helpful when you cannot see what the
words are describing.  I will try to describe my 67 TR4A seats with as
much precision as I can.  BTW, the E-Mail with the reference to Piggot's
Book, page 84, is exactly correct if you have the book.  However, the
picture shown shows white piping around the insert whereas my piping
around the insert is the same colour as the seat...these are the
original seats in a car with only 35 000 miles!

The seat bottom, on which you park your butt, has white piping around
the outer edge that joins with the vertical portions of the seat bottom
i.e. the perimeter of the part on which you sit.

The seat back, against which you rest your back, has white piping around
the edge but this is a little more difficult to describe.  If you look
at the seat back from the side, it has a triangular appearance because
on the side, the seat back is very wide at the bottom and narrows
towards the top.  The piping starts on the forward edge of this triangle
but by the time it reaches the top,it has moved toward the centre
of the back portion.  What this means is that even though there is some
thickness to the seat back, if you were to look straight down on the
seat back, the piping comes right across the middle such that the main
material from both the seat back front and the seat back back come
together in the middle of the seat back top, separated by piping.

The pleated inserts in both the seat bottom and the seat back, are
surrounded by piping.  Piggott's book shows this as white whereas mine
are the same colour as the seat material (red) and my seats are
original.

As I re-read the above, it sounds confusing to me also, but I don't know
how else to describe it.  If you do not have Piggott's book, I do have a
photograph that I could scan in as a .GIF or .TIFF, etc. and send you
tomorrow.  Let me know if you want this.

Best of luck.
--

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart