Re: TR4 carb value

To: musson@satie.arts.usf.edu
Subject: Re: TR4 carb value
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 96 00:10:28 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>I have been slowly going through the "pile".  Found a set of Zenith
>Strombergs that I think are off of a TR4.  In appearance the look like the
>ones in the picture on page 62 of Piggott's Original TR.
>
>Includes Intake and Exhaust Manifold and appears to have all linkages,
>etc.
>
>Doyou have any idea what they might be worth?
>
>Thanks.
>

>TR3-TS25264L
>|  CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator             INTERNET: musson@arts.usf.edu  |
>|            Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.          |

Carl,
 If the carbs are rebuildable the setup should be worth about $350 or
whatever a buyer will pay.
 The exhaust manifold sells new for between $175 and $250, depending on
where you buy.
 A pretty good rule of thumb that I use for "experienced" parts is 55-60
percent of new retail. Here again, it depends on how much in the way the
parts are and what a buyer will pay.
 Hope this has helped.
Best Regards,
Tony