Re: webers GT6

To: Nickbk@aol.com
Subject: Re: webers GT6
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 96 11:52:53 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

SNIP:

>Evidently someone is trying to put a set of DCOE sidedrafts
>from a TR6 onto his/her GT6. Besides the problem of early/late
>TR6 manifold differences, the TR6 setup really won't work on
>a GT6. Not only does the front carb interfere with the bonnet,
>so does the middle carb.I suppose that you could raise the bonnet high enough
>at the front to clear the carbs, but it would have to be approx. 3 > 4 inches
>(you would probably have to sit on a phone book just to see over the bonnet).
>The correct manifold set has a
>sort of a slight drop on the front manifold of about 3 inches.
>The middle manifold has a lesser drop of about 1.5", and the rear manifold is
>straight. This setup is probably not 100% efficient,
>but it has to be better than the stock setup.
>
>                                          The Car Curmudgeon
>                                                  Nick

Hey Nick,
 I'm affraid I started it all.
 I was talking about the possibility of putting a set a Webers on my
conversion since a used set just became available.
 Somene had asked if I was going to use stock Strombers or Webers and the
string started with the pros and cons.
 Seems the biggest concern is whether or not they will fit under the
hood. Unless there is a tremendous hight difference in the GT6 and TR6
engines, I should be able to raise the entire bonnet to gain about an
inch and a half, which should be enough to make room, IF I DECIDE TO GO WITH
WEBERS, which I doubt because they are such an aggrivation to keep tuned.
 It's the only set of carbs that you have to buy a maintenance kit for.
 So, how ya' doin'
Best Regards,
Tony
###