Re: webers GT6

To: rgb@exact.com
Subject: Re: webers GT6
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 96 13:50:13 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Just a word of warning...  I saw a GT6, believe it was
>a Mark III with triple webers.  The guy had to cut the hood
>to clear the front carb.  The usual Coffee Can cover on
>the hood of an otherwise stock GT6 was revolting.
>
>I want to say I've heard of a canted manifold which allows
>this to happen correctly.
>
>These webers went to a TR6 and it worked fine.
>
>You might want to check this prior to parting with the $$$$
>
>Roger

Roger,
 I believe the down draft Webers would present a clearance problem.
However,  the side-draft , I believe they are DGOS, would fit without any
problem.
 Whey didn't the owner of the one you saw, raise the entire hood (excuse
me, bonnet) at the front hinges.? It's quite simple to gain up to an inch
and a half if done correctly.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GT6s"