Re: Spitfire Engine compartment valance stuff

To: "John W. Hazelton" <hazelton@mizar.usc.edu>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Engine compartment valance stuff
From: David in Indy <davcla@indy.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 19:00:24 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John W. Hazelton wrote:

>  Alan Coleman <alanco@sybase.com> writes:
>
> > I'm finally getting around to replacing that splash guard/airflow
> > valance thingy in the engine compartment.
>
> > You can't buy these things, so I was wondering if anyone had
> > fabricated one.  The funky cardboard stuff is hard to duplicate.

Hi All,

I had to improvise for my valances as well.  I was kinda proud of myself
because it turned out pretty good and did not look like one of my other
DPO's (shame on me).  I simply fabricated them out of 16 gauge cold roll
steel, primed them, and coated all sides with rubberized undercoating.
You will, however, have to do a little welding on the valance on the
drivers side of the car (left hand drive) so it will fit nicely around
the alternator.

David