Re: Oil Pan/Turn Signal

To: Neil Beasley <74741.2020@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Pan/Turn Signal
From: dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 09:01:57 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Neal wrote...

>The Bentley book says to pull the switch wiring through the steering column and
>remove the switch--carefully. The guy who wrote this never did it, I'm
>convinced. And, that sounds like the easy part. Threading the new wires through
>this column sounds like pushing a wet noodle through the eye of a needle.

Neal,

I haven't executed this particular act, but it sounds familiar.....  IF,
you haven't pulled th old wires through yet, try tying (or taping) a strong
piece of cord to the ends then pull them through...attach the cord to the
new leads and reverse the process.

If you've already pulled the old out, try using an electrician's 'snake' (a
flexible wire used to pull new wiring through old walls)  for the same
purpose...or ultimately ... use a refabricated garmet and textile
suspension device (bent coat hanger) for the same purpose.

good luck!

  David J.R. Williams
  Province of British Columbia
  Ministry of Education, Skills, & Training
  Curriculum Branch
  Fax: (604)356-2316         Phone: (604)356-2317
  E-mail:  dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca